This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This does NOT change the cost for you. Thank you for supporting me by purchasing from my links.
HOORAY! You’ve joined Color Street as a brand new stylist! That is SO exciting. You’re going to love being part of the Color Street family. It’s a great company to join, and I am so happy that I am part of it, and I am delighted to welcome you. You’re probably itching to get started, so let’s not hesitate: here are 3 things you need to do immediately after joining Color Street.
Set Up Your Stylist Website
As soon as you get your YAY YOU’RE A STYLIST email, friend, go set up your website! Get your customized URL (like how mine is colorstreet.com/thehollypeck – you want yours to be your info!).
Tips for a great username:
- Don’t use “Color Street” or any form of “Color” or “Street” in the title at all – it’s against Policies & Procedures (ask your sponsor about how to find P&P)
- Think EASY! What if you had to verbally tell someone? Mine makes sense – @thehollypeck is my social handle for everything, so it makes sense that I’d be colorstreet.com/thehollypeck
- Be creative and have fun!
Make sure to upload a picture of yourself! Folks want to see your smiling face on your website. A head shot is best, if you have one; make sure you look professional, friendly, and smiling. Make sure you “introduce yourself” on your site – that helps people get to know you.
Create a Party
One of the great parts of being a Color Street stylist is that you can be the hostess of your own party and get all the rewards. That means that you’re going to one to go ahead and create a party right away, so that any and all orders can be linked to a party (I always name it something like “NO HOSTESS?? – SHOP HERE”)
Why is this important? Let’s think about what you can do with the strips that you earn as hostess rewards:
- give them away to customers as thank you gifts
- sell them in-person to earn extra $$
- use them as team incentives to help grow your team
- use them as giveaways in your customer group to build your business
Note: stylists are not eligible to earn the $25 booking credit on self-hosted parties
Honestly, the possibilities are limitless! Being able to be your own hostess is HUGE because this gives you resources to build your business strategically – thank you, Color Street!
Don’t Wait for Your Kit!
Don’t make the mistake that I made – don’t wait for your kit to arrive to start working your business!
- Create a customer group on Facebook (don’t forget; don’t just add people to it, ask them if they would like to be part of it)!
- Plan a launch party!
- Create a google form so that you can collect customer information to be able to send out samples as soon as your kit arrives
Share the excitement that you have with people – make sure to post a nailfie so that folks on Facebook see and know that you are a Color Street stylist. This is a great way to put out a call for folks to request samples from you. Be careful not to be spammy – remember, folks log on to Facebook to connect with friends and be entertained, not just to buy things. Be fun, and be yourself.
BONUS: Join Color Street Stylist Facebook Groups
Here are some important STYLIST-ONLY Facebook groups you should join. You don’t need to join a million groups; just ones that will be valuable for YOU and helping you with your business.
First off, ask your sponsor if they have a Facebook team group, and if they will add you so that you can get resources and support. If they do not specifically have one, then their upline will have one. Why is this important? Your sponsor will not be around 24/7. They cannot run your business for you, or answer all your burning questions every minute of every day. Having a team page helps in being able to get help. Even better, you get to benefit from the learning of others – make sure to utilize the search function in a team page for lots of information!
If you join my team, I’d suggest 3 team groups for you:
- Team Grit (my team page – if you are on my downline and NOT on this page, click to request to join)
- Team Flourish (my sponsor’s [Vanessa O.] team page)
- Team Fancy Fingers (my sponsor’s sponsor [Katie H.] team page).
Then, there are Facebook groups for any stylist to join. Here is a list of my favorites:
- Official Color Street Stylist Facebook Group
- Nailfies group (all nailfies shared here are free for usage; just don’t remove any watermarks or claim them as your own – unless of course, you took the pic yourself!).
Was this post helpful? Make sure you share it with new stylists! This post is NOT specifically for me or for my team; this is for anyone who joins the magical world of Color Street. SO excited for you to work your business. What else would you add to this list? Add your suggestions in the comments; if I add it to the post, I will credit you by name for the suggestion.